10 Journal Prompts to Help You Kickstart Your Mindfulness & Reflection Practice
One of the many lessons we’ve learned in 2020 is that we could all benefit from being a little more mindful. And one of our favorite ways to practice mindfulness in our everyday lives is through a journaling practice. From helping reduce stress and anxiety, to simply providing a way for us to process what we’re experiencing, journaling carries many benefits. It’s something you can do anywhere, anytime, and for any amount of time, which is great for our busy, over-scheduled lives. But even if you start your journaling practice with the best of intentions to do it everyday, it can be hard to keep it up when you don’t know where to start. That’s why we love prompts! Instead of staring blankly at the page, our favorite mindfulness journal prompts give us a helpful starting point to jump off from.
If you’ve been meaning to start journaling and haven’t found the time, or need a little new inspiration, this week’s YogaVibes blog is just for you.
Here are 10 journal prompts for mindfulness and reflection you can use to spark your imagination anytime, anywhere.
Our favorite mindfulness journal prompts
- Sit quietly and think for a few minutes. Write down what thoughts cross your mind.
- “I am aware of my interests and passions, which provide me with stimulation and inspire me. I feel grateful for…”
- “The words I’d like to live by are…”
4. “How do I feel about myself right now?”
5. When you’re in pain, either physical or emotional, what is the kindest thing you can do for yourself?
6. What would you do if you loved yourself unconditionally? How can you act on these things whether you do or don’t?
7. Using 10 words, describe yourself.
8. “Today I am most grateful for __, because __.”
9. Make a list of everything you’d like to say ‘yes’ to.
10. Make a list of everything you’d like to say ‘no’ to.