11 Ways to Achieve Harmony During the Holidays
Here are some tips to help you deal:
1. Release your expectations of others. People will do as they do. All you can do is you. Set a good example.
2. Remain at peace. Go to a place of peace within yourself by practicing meditation. Explore our offerings of free online meditation videos.
3. Breathe. Lots of arguments seem to boil up over the holidays. People tend to be on edge and extra sensitive. If a friend or family member snaps at you or makes a comment that rubs you the wrong way, it’s probably best to breathe and let it go. Don’t add fuel to the fire.
4. Be merry. Allow the joy and bliss of the holiday season to fill your home and heart. Direct your attention to the positive. Open your eyes to all the abundance surrounding you!
5. Practice gratitude. Be grateful for all those around you whom you love.
6. Give with no expectation of receiving. Give with love.
7. Release memories of the past. Detach from what the holidays used to be like. Live fully in this moment.
8. Recognize that you are exactly where you are supposed to be in life. Release all holiday stress and expectations of what and where you think you should be in your life. Allow yourself to be you.
9. Do yoga at home. Carve out quality time for yourself. Practice heating forms of yoga to help release stress and nervous, negative energy. Check out our selection of Vinyasa yoga videos.
10. Practice heating forms of pranayama online, such as Breath of Fire, to burn off anxiety, stress and nervous energy. Here's some free online yoga videos to learn how:
- Breath of Fire (Kapalabahti) with Shala Worlsey
- Morning Energizing Set with Kiyomi Takahashi
- Ego Eradicator with Breath of Fire with Valinda Cochella
11. Be good to yourself and good to others. Act with love and kindness.
How do you buck up for the holiday season?