Yoga for Athletes: Find Your Peak Performance
These featured yogis are the real deal. If you truly aim to enhance your athletic performance, push past mental and physical barriers, and achieve your highest goals, turn to these stellar teachers for inspiration, guidance, and support.
- Sage Rountree :: As an endurance sports coach, an accomplished age-group triathlete and runner, a highly experienced teacher, and a continuing student of physiology, Sage knows what’s up. Her popular yoga classes and workshops for athletes draw students ranging from recreational athletes to Ironman triathletes, Olympians, NBA and NFL players, and NCAA players and coaches, including UNC men's basketball and football. Take her online yoga classes to discover ways to sharpen your focus, relax for peak performance, and remain balanced.
- Gwen Lawrence :: Gwen is the yoga instructor for 5 Pro teams in New York, including the New York Giants, New York Knicks, New York Red Bulls, and the New York Rangers, in addition to major college teams such as Yale and UNC. She is well known for her sports-specific Power Yoga for Sports classes and training programs and was recently dubbed the "Best Innovation in Sports Medicine" by ESPN Magazine.
- Ted McDonald :: As a former Elite Adventure Racer and Lacrosse player at UCLA, Ted has been an athlete his entire life. Educated in both Iyengar and Ashtanga styles of yoga, his classes focus on strength, alignment and the breath, in order to help his students increase flexibility, strength, and focus. Ted also offers many forms of meditation, yin yoga, and restorative yoga classes designed to lengthen connective tissue, prevent injuries, and open energetic pathways in the body.
- Rolf Gates :: Gates is the author of the acclaimed book on yogic philosophy, Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga. He conducts 200 and 500-hour Vinyasa Intensives and Teacher Trainings throughout the U.S. and abroad. As a former social worker and U.S. Airborne Ranger who has practiced meditation for the last sixteen years, Gates brings his eclectic background to his practice and teachings.
- Pete Guinosso :: Known for his joyful energy, compassionate guidance, and sense of humor, Pete creates a spiritual yet light-hearted environment for his students to uncover the deeper benefits of yoga. Pete's teaching style is best described as a Forrest Yoga Inspired Vinyasa Flow. His online yoga classes are designed to help you journey toward connecting your mind, body and spirit through breath work and awareness.
- Danielle Diamond :: For over fifteen years, Danielle has been teaching a kick-butt yoga class that focuses on alignment and breath to open your body through a creative sequence, designed to make you smile as much as you'll sweat. Danielle is the founder of Xen Strength Yoga - a modern twist on yoga that fuses a Vinyasa flow with light hand weights.
Do yoga to discover the secret to unlocking your ultimate athletic potential.
To access our growing collection of yoga videos for athletes, check out YogaVibes’ Yoga for Athletes page.