Jul 4, 2013
- “We don’t appreciate what we have until it’s gone. Freedom is like that. It’s like air. When you have it, you don’t notice it.” ~ Boris Yeltsin
- “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” ~ Viktor E. Frankl
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “The supreme end is the freedom of the spirit.” ~ Sri Aurobindo
- “Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.” ~ Bob Marley
- “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” ~ Gloria Steinem
- “The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.” ~ Jim Morrison
- “Freedom is the basic condition for you to touch life, to touch the blue sky, the trees, the birds, the tea and the other person.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish and loneliness.” ~ Indra Devi
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” ~ Robert Frost
Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all.”
Happy Independence Day, yogis! Freedom for all!
Photo credit: Dancer Pose via www.gypsetgoddess.com